Friday, December 05, 2008

Remembering Tanya...

It'll be a year tomorrow that my very first, oldest and best friend was called to Heaven.
Not a day goes by that I don't look at her picture on my dresser and just wish that I could talk to her or even see her for 1 more minute - to give her one last hug (without a pregnant belly getting in the way).
A year has passed, but it hasn't gotten any easier. For any of us.
Joe and the boys are living in Rockford with his parents. The boys have transitioned well to their new school and home environment.
We had Joe and the boys over for dinner this week. It was so great to be able to spend time with them. But so different with out Tan. On the outside; Jacob & Preston are your "normal", typical, loud, active boys - something I'll have to get used to. Since they are young, so you never can tell just how they are doing inside. One can only hope that they've found a (healthy) way to deal with the loss of their Mother.
Please pray for Tanya's Parent's, Sister, Nieces, Joe and the boys (and me too) that healing would continue and that the family would be strengthened thru all of this.

3 comments:

Sutter Family said...

Hey sweetie,
I am sorry that it has been a year already. I know how much losing Tanya hurt. I will pray for you and for her family. I am happy to hear that you have been able to stay close to her husband and son's and can remind them of their mom and her memories as they grow older. Love ya!

The Blankenheim Family said...

Everyday I think about Tanya. Her smile and laughter is forever in my heart (as I know yours).
I'm so glad you keep in connected with the boys and Tanya's parents.
Just think.... she's playing beautiful music with her violin in Heaven for the Angels to dance to.
Love ya Sara!

Megan said...

I didn't know you saw Joe and the boys this week. That is great! I think about Tanya all the time too, and miss her smiling face so much. Her family is always in my prayers. Thinking of you too...