Friday, July 11, 2008

5 months & every bit 2 years old!!



Along with all the "family" changes in our household, the kid's are hitting some major milestones and going thru some developmental and behavioral changes of their own.

Colin is now 5 1/2 months old. I can't believe it! My baby is HUGE.
Matt ended up "breaking him" a few weeks ago and the little bugger now takes a bottle! Yay!!! I cannot tell you how much that has enhanced my (I mean, our) life.

He is rolling over, had his first taste of sweet potatoes and has discovered his voice. (A loud, nails-on-a-chalkboard, high-pitched shriek. Yea, it's great.)

Addi is now in a big girl bed (and will get her bunk beds once we move back to MI). She decided a few weeks ago that she was going to make a daily habit of climbing out of her crib, opening her dressers and pulling out all of her clothes, playing in the water of her air purifier and decorating her room with baby powder! Needless to say, we removed all temptations and borrowed a neighbor's day bed. Nap time is a bit rough, but she is adjusting well to her new bed.

She has been playing much more independently and imaginatively. She plays with her dolls and stuffed animals, her kitchen, she loves to read (and begins each page with "Once Upon A Time..."), color, do stickers, sing, dance and of course, watch Dora.
She is super smart. Every day she says something new or surprises me by something she does. For that reason, I am worried how she'll handle the move. Life is going to be totally different for her and very confusing. So, if anyone has been thru a cross country move with a toddler/preschooler, please share your insight.

5 comments:

Nethercots said...

Wow! Lots of changes in store for the Pitzers. The kids are changing and growing so quickly, we are so grateful to have been able to keep an eye on them while so far apart, and we canNOT wait to keep an even CLOSER eye while they are closer! We miss you and can't wait to see you soon!!

Megan said...

Yeah! New pics, thanks! I can't believe how big they are and I am SOOO happy that I get to see you guys soon! And...more often! :) The joys of toddler struggles- no ideas here, if I had some maybe my 2 yr old would be better off too. You are a great mom and it will all be okay.

The Blankenheim Family said...

Sounds like Addi's acting out (more so because that brother is here now). I know Kailyn was good until Mason hit about 3-4 months old. Matt (my hubby) and I try to give Kailyn her own 1 on 1 (or 2) time with Mama and or Papa to let her know she's still important.
I wish I knew the right answer to help you with the move. I know it'll be hard....
Keep strong girl! I pray for you guys everyday!

The McCrillis Family said...

Hey Sara...Emmalee was 2 when we moved from England to New Mexico, and she did just great. Addi will be fine as long as you are fine. Just give her the reassurance that you will all be together, and that all her most important posessions will be going with her as well. Good luck with everything!!

Sutter Family said...

I am so happy you guys will be close again soon. I feel like I know the kids from your blog updates and it's been so long with Addi and we haven't even meet Colin yet. We look forward to seeing you soon. Good luck with the move and all of the transitions. No experience with a move but I know how hard changes can be. Good luck!