Sunday, June 01, 2008

3, 2, 1...Blastoff!



I still cannot get over how cool it is to be this close to Cape Canaveral. To be able to watch the launch on t.v, then run outside and see it in our back yard 60 seconds later is truly amazing. Addi loves seeing the "rocket ship" and we do too!

Yesterday was the second launch we've been home to see. The pics I took are not great, but cool none-the-less. What you see is literally a ball of fire followed by a jet stream, then once the boosters fall off it just looks like a glorified jet stream.

Within a minute and a half the "rocket ship" is gone, the jet stream fades and we go back to playing. I'll try to get more pics to post at the next launch.

3 comments:

Sutter Family said...

How cool! I am sure the kids thought that was pretty neat. Your pictures look great!

Anonymous said...

looks like the red rocket...keatis

MikeKooreman said...

I'm thinking that you may have stated the sequence of events in reverse order. Did you watch it outside and then see it on TV?

If you saw it on TV first and then in real life I would say that NASA really has us all fooled.