Monday, May 12, 2008

3 mo. Dr.'s Visit


Today we had Colin's 3mo. Dr.'s visit. Well, technically not a "Dr.'s visit, we just went in for shots. I knew they'd charge me for the visit anyhow - So I asked to chat with the Doc for a moment about a few things.

One of the things I asked him was what to do about Colin's refusal to take a bottle. (It all started about 6 weeks ago. At the same time this started, he began only getting up once a night which means Matt was off the hook and it was just "my" feeding. Which also meant he lost his "daily bottle". I did not realize it until it was too late, and now we have a very annoying problem.) I've switched to the Playtex drop in style bottles with the brown latex nipple. It's made a slight difference, but not as much as I need it to. The Dr. said to add equal to his bottle and see if the added sweetness to the milk helps motivate him to continue. If any of you have gone thru this or have ANY suggestions PLEASE let me know.

I did manage to get Colin on the scale today. My Big Boy rocked the scale at a whopping 15lbs. 9oz.!! I have no idea what percentile this is, but it's gotta be at the top!

2 comments:

Tammy Joy said...

at 15-9 maybe he could stand to miss a bottle here and there...
lol.

Megan said...

Tammy!!